Term of References (TOR) of ALADIN-LACE System and Code Coordinator
ALADIN System and Code Coordinator (SCC) is a three-quarter-time position. SCC acts under the responsibility of programme Manager. The duties of the SCC are:
- SCC is responsible to phase the agreed part of the developed code to the reference ALADIN library. To ensure effectiveness of the phasing ASC should stay at CNRM/Météo-France close to and with some overlap with the main phasing period. The length of these stays should be harmonized with Météo-France and they should not take more than 3 months per year.
- SCC is responsible to collect the validated code developments done by the scientists under organization of RC LACE and verify that the coding standards of IFS/ARPEGE/ALADIN are respected.
- SCC is responsible to advise other members about structural changes in the code of higher cycles of the library.
- SCC is responsible to provide support during porting of new developments for each Member in a balanced way controlled by Programme Manager.
- SCC may visit some LACE centres regarding the phasing issues under the Programme Manager supervision. The ASC travel expenses at such short missions would be paid by host institutes, under the common rules.
- SCC is entitled to refuse the phasing to the principal ALADIN library of such pieces of the code which are too far from the coding standards or developed on too obsolete library cycles. ASC should advice the developer of the code how to proceed in such a case.
- SCC is responsible to maintain the WWW page of LACE.